what is time management
Time can have different meanings for each of us. Some of the time is too fast for the trouble to burn while others look at the time is too slow for trouble is burning. However, there is a concept of time that is taught to us in the lessons, even if time does not define a full meaning. Time is defined as the time that a job or an action is performed by a person, past, past or planned to pass. This is the simplest description of time. But the concept we call time is not so simple and cannot be underestimated. What we call time is the most valuable asset we all spend at any moment. Because human life has a limit. Nobody knows how long he’il live. I mean, we don’t know how much time we have. We continue to explain time management.
Human Time Planning Problem
We know that we have limited time on every issue, but we realize that there are many that most people are constantly delaying plans, jobs or whether they can spare time. There are thousands of people who postpone their jobs for weeks while they have to work for their classes, hand over the document they have to deliver for months or sit down to work. And if you ask them what you did for 24 hours and you couldn’t do that much work, I don’t know I woke up and took a few steps and they said it was the night.
The fact that they feel this way does not change the fact that we have 24 hours given every day. Is there a reason why we feel this way? How can we make the most of our 24 hours to realize that our time is wasting our palms? If we explain them in a general way, time management will be better in our minds.
Our Empty Habits That We Are Not Aware of Eating and Consuming Our Time
We have all been involved in hours of work that have no contribution to our ridiculous lives. It’s not a nuisance to deal with vacant jobs. The problem is that doing this empty function every day and for hours causes a person to postpone many things in her life. Unfortunately, we have a structure that is very fond of most of the human beings and is prone to misery. But it is again the man himself who accustomed himself to this ambivalence. Some idle jobs that we do not realize and do every day have become our habits. If we list these in general;
• Phone calls; The habit of talking to someone with the phone we make in our daily lives is one of the things that consume our time. You will see the bitter truth if you make a note of yourself on a piece of paper in which you have a problem and how many hours a day I call and which of these interviews are necessary. You will see that the phone calls you make for hours are only 15 minutes and the rest hours are totally chattering and gossiping.
Social media accounts
• Social media accounts; The fact that social media accounts are used as addicts from morning to night is one of our worst habits. Many applications such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat are actively used by many people. It is harmful not to have these applications in use, but to spend all of their free time with these applications. A normal person does not use 8-10 hours of 24 hours actively using the applications. All psychologists say that the use of social media in this way blinds the brain and pushes people into a sense of absence and says that people who are in this situation become dependent. Social media addiction is one of our time-consuming habits.
Cell Phone Use
• Cell Phone Use; The fact that the mobile phone is constantly available and the state of being busy with the phone is unfortunately also the time-consuming situation. You can deal with your mobile phone for hours, send unnecessary messages to your friends or take your photos and so on. Many people are wasting their time. This addiction is taken into the field of psychology and is referred to with a new name and it is called as the inability to separate from the telephone. Aggravated and violent behavior has been observed in people whose phone has been taken away or forced to stay apart for a while. This habit affects not only our time but also our psychology.
• Unnecessary Meetings; Making unnecessary hours of meetings and meetings with friends outside is one of our wasting habits. Meeting up with friends every day for 4 to 5 hours, perhaps more than just chattering can cause us to have other things to do during the day. Therefore, our priorities and the things that have to be done should be determined and acted accordingly.
Lack of Plan
• Lack of Plan; It is one of the habits that cause the person to lose control and run out of time even though he is not aware of the fact that a certain plan is not made and that the day tries to spend whatever it comes to the person’s head. Determining the work to be done from the previous day and putting the work in a queue is an important step for a person to manage her time.
• Postponement habit; Continuous postponement and non-completion of the required work is a bad habit that consumes our time. I have come across many people who say that I don’t have a job or even open the book. Even we have had time to do so. However, it should be known that this postponement event is not the end. Every day is given to us as a new day. Make sure that what we didn’t do today and postpone tomorrow is probably going to be too busy and postponed the next day. Although you do not want to get in front of it, you can get up and work with force. In this way, you can avoid your sleep and make good use of your time and invest in yourself.
• Clutter; It is one of the most important elements that extinguish your desire to work, even if you do not notice whether your working room or workplace is messy and dirty. Desks and environments are often places that are quickly polluted and disintegrated. It should be cleaned and collected regularly. However, many working environments and desks that do not meet regularly eliminate our desire to work. We have to give up this habit and try to avoid clutter. Thus, we have created a more enthusiastic working environment and spend our time working as we wish.
Emergency Time Management Rules
There are a lot of things that need to be done and are waiting in line, and if you have a little time left, what to do;
• Put your jobs in order according to their priority and write them down on paper.
• Dismantle the big tasks that need to be done. For example, is there a big topic that needs to be studied and read. Dissect the subject according to the subtitles and work in that order.
• Calculate how many hours or how long you have. Calculate how much work needs to be done during this time and make a subject, division of labor every hour or day.
• Never postpone whatever job you have put on what time or day. Start working.
• Once you’ve made the plan completely, get back to work and get started.
• Do not spread your break and meal times. Breaks up to 15 min. get. Don’t let your meal last half an hour. Remember that you have limited time and there are many things you need to finish all of them by working. Keep in mind that you postpone so much that you have accumulated so many issues.
• Reward yourself with your favorite things when you’re done with all the things or things.